EOBI stands for Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution. This is an old-age pension institution of the Government of Pakistan. The institution is controlled by the Human Resource Development and Ministry of overseas Pakistanis.
So if you are looking for checking your pension, or you want to get register with EOBI then we have a complete guide to assist you. Generally, registering with this scheme is not so complicated but due to the absence of appropriate instructions and guidelines, people find it difficult.
But you don’t need to worry at all, as we will teach you how you can log in to your online account and check your employee’s pension details and if you want to register or apply for this program.
EOBI (Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution)
As you know, this program is a social security or insurance allied scheme that was presented in 1976. The parliament of Pakistan announced the EOBI during the government of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
In the below table, you will find out some elementary information about EOBI
|Name of Institution||EOBI (Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution)|
|Proclaimed Date||1st April 1976|
|Cause of Enforce||Providing Social Insurance to Old-Age Employees|
|Article Act||Article 38 (C)|
|Min. Pension Amount||Rs. 8500/- (Rs.15000 from 1st July 2022)|
|Max. Pension||As per Formula|
How to do EOBI Login with CNIC?
So, you want to login to your EOBI account and check the pension details? If yes, then this guide is for you. Formally, the login process is pretty simple and to be honest, it is simpler to log in to your Facebook account.
Before you go for the sign-in process, we want you to make sure of some things prepared.
Before Login, make certain that you have:
- Internet Connection
- A Device like Smartphone/Laptop/PC
- Your EOBI Number
- EOBI Card
- You Should be an EOBI Registered Employee
- Your CNIC Card/Number
So once you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements, it’s finally time to check your pension details.
Login with EOBI Card
The easiest approach to sign in into an online allowance account is through the EOBI card. If you are an EOBI registered employee then you must have an EOBI card.
So follow the method and check your pension.
- First of all, you need to visit the governmental website (www. eobi.gov.pk)
- On the first page of the site, you will see a box on the right side with the writing “Individual Information”
- Click on the box
- Now you will redirect to another page where you can log in
- But before login, you need to provide your login credentials
- Enter your EOBI number
- Now enter your new or old NIC number
- And now click on the green arrow to sign in
So the next step is to check your pension details. And you see how easy it is…
Complete Process for EOBI Registration
So here comes the most important thing which is the registration process for EOBI. Since the institution is only for old age employees so it’s become kind of hard to know where to get register for yourself.
But as we always say, you don’t need to worry at all. Because in this write up, we are going to explain every point for the successful registration.
Currently, there is no way to sign up for this employee’s allowance organization. So the only approach to get yourself register is through a form proposal in your local EOBI office. So let’s start the procedure guidelines.
- The very first step is to download a registration form which is “Form PE-01”
- Go to your browser and type www.eobi.gov.pk
- Now Click on the forms and navigate to form page
- On the form page, you can download the PE-01 form
- Once downloaded, you can now fill the form and submit it to the regional EOBI office
So this is the procedure to apply for EOBI and further, we are going to explain how to fill the form and who can apply for this program.
How to apply for EOBI Pension Increase 2022?
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth
- National Identity Card Number (With both side photos)
- Family Code
- Present Address
- Permanent Address
- Certificate of Employer
- Employment Period (Date)
- Registration Number
- Thumb Impression of Employee
- EOBI Registration Card Number
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Once you have arranged all these required essentials then you can follow up on the next part which is the submission of the filled form.
Pension Claim Form Submission
So after filling the form with valid details, finally you can submit it to the relevant department. Visit the regional EOBI office and submit your form with challan fee.
Once the form accepted, it will go through the registering process and you will be noticed when your entry is entitled. After the registration, some percentage of your salary will be charged every month as a retirement gratuity. And we will discuss the exact percentage in the further guide.
So, this was the simple process to be able for the EOBI pension. And now we will discuss who can apply for this institution.
Who is Eligible for EOBI Retirement Pension Scheme?
We have received a lot of queries from employees of different private sectors inquiring about whether they are eligible or not for EOBI? Well, there are some terms and conditions to ensure someone’s entitlement.
Since it’s a retirement pension program only for private-sector employees so the conditions are a bit odd from the governmental one. But this is an excellent scheme by the government of Pakistan for private company employees.
However, qualified employees are:
- Who is working in a private sector like, factories, mills, or any other type of profession where at least 5 employees should working on
- Male and Female both genders are appropriate
- Age of employee should be less than 60 in case of male and 55 if a woman is registering for this institution program
- The employee must be a part of EOBI for at least 15 years
Furthermore, there are some rules and regulations before you get your pension monthly.
What are the Criteria for Receiving EOBI Pension?
Here we will discuss the complete standards for getting your pension in your Bank Al Falah account. Make sure you fall into these conditions if you want to become a candidate for EOBI.
- Minimum 5 Worker Organization
You should work in a private factory, mill or anything where at least 5 employees are working
- EOBI Contribution Percentage
For the retirement gratuity, a fixed percentage will be deducted from your salary every month
For EOBI, employee’s contribution is 1% of the minimum salary, for example, minimum wage = Rs.13000/ and 1% will be Rs. 130/
And the employer’s contribution is 5% of the minimum salary, for example, minimum wage = Rs. 13000/ and 5% would be Rs. 650/
A total of Rs. 650+130= Rs. 780 would be deducted if your salary is Rs. 13000/. These charges will be deposited by your company’s owner to the EOMI
- EOBI Registered Employer
Your institution or sector must be EOBI registered employer so you can get you’re your registration easily. If your owner or institute is not registered with EOBI then you can submit your monthly deduction charge by yourself
- Minimum Retirement Age
The age for retirement is 60 for male employees and 55 for the females. For collier, the age of retirement is 55 years and their employment period should be 10 years after the registration. Those who were registered in 1986, the age for retirement for the male is 55 and 50 for the females.
- Minimum Employment Period
To attain the pension and gratuity, employees must work at least 15 years after the registration. All new pension cases will be treated according to circular no 3/2017
SO these are the benchmarks to become adequate for the monthly allowance system.
EOBI Facilitation for Private Employees
This is a bitter truth that there are many hard-hitting circumstances for private employees in Pakistan. Almost all private companies or institutes do not award their workers with a pension. So it becomes really tough to live and raise a family.
There are tons of expenses every month and wages are not so sufficient to fulfill it. But Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution is a peace of mind in this scenario. So if you haven’t certified with this then do it today.
Let’s have a glance at some EOBI facilitations.
- If a worker gets disabled (at least 2/3 or more) during the period of employment, then the worker will be courage with a permanent pension reward (Must have served the organization for 5 years)
- Moreover, if an employee’s death occurs during the serving period (at least 3 years of serving) his family will receive an allowance for the lifetime
- The widow of the employee will receive the grant until she dies and then the money will deliver to their Childs
- If allowance will distributing to male child continually until he turns into 18 years of age
- A female child is allowed to get the father’s pension until she got married
- In case, if a died worker has no family but only parents then his gratuity will be handover to his parent for the next five years
- After the retirement, a worker gets a gratuity as well
Frequently Asked Questions
What is EOBI Stands for?
EOBI stands for Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution.
How is Eobi calculated?
- 5% of the minimum pay (Rs. 13000/) from the employer’s contribution (Rs.650/-)
- 1% of the minimum pay (Rs. 13000/-) from the employee’s contribution (Rs. 130/-)
- The sum of both contributions will be subtracted from the monthly salary.
Who is eligible for the Eobi pension in Pakistan?
Every private sector employee is eligible for EOBI pension in Pakistan. But a worker should at least worked for 15 years after the registration of Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution.
How do I activate my Eobi pension card?
To activate your pension card you can call the helpline number 021-111-225-229 at any time.
When EOBI pension will increase?
Although the pension rate has already been raised from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 8500 with a 20% increase. But there are some possibilities that it will grow further to Rs. 15000 in July 2022.
Will the old-age benefits increase in 2022?
Yes, there are heavy chances that the benefits will increase in 2022.
What is the minimum Eobi pension?
Currently, in 2022, the minimum amount is Rs. 8500/ Month
What are the old-age benefits?
Old age benefits are facilities for aged retired employees. In Pakistan, we have a governmental organization called “Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution” to serve the old workers.
The institution distributes a pension grant in retired employees so they can live a better life even after retirement. Some benefits are:
- Survivor’s Pension
- Old-Age Grants
- Invalidity Pension
- Old-Age Allowance
How do I pay my Eobi contribution?
There are two ways to pay contributions. One is through the owner of the company and the other is by yourself.
If you are working in a sector that is already registered with EOBI then you don’t need to do anything. Because your boss will do it for you.
But in some cases, you have to pay your contributions that you can submit with a filled form. Here is how:
- Use EOBI facilitate system and generate an online payment voucher
- Go to your e-payment section in your bank
- Enter reference number (same as voucher number) and send the money on the following bank al Falah account numbers
- IBAN PK37ALFH0015001005051405 or IBAN 0015001005051405
- The phone number for e-payment is: 0336-2180199
- Email address for online payment is: email@example.com
What age can I get the age pension?
For male workers, the retirement age is 60 years and for female workers, the age of retirement is 55 years.
If you have any question or want to get some information about your pension then you can call directly at
Free Helpline: 08000 EOBI (3624)
(During Office hours 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM Monday to Friday)
HEAD OFFICE: EOBI House, 190/B/1, Block-2 PECHS Karachi